Re: electrical problems while we're at it, brake light failure

To: peloquin@mail.ucr.edu
Subject: Re: electrical problems while we're at it, brake light failure
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:20:18 -0500
John,
 First test is to bridge the two connections at the switch. If the lights
light, then something is amiss with the switch. It may simply need
adjusting of its clearance with the pedal. Details are in the workshop
manual.
  If that test did not suffice, you then need to establish that there is
voltage to the switch by working backwards to the fuses and power supply.
Remedy any faults.
  Or, if you have power to and through the switch, you can trace the
wires toward the rear of the car and ascertain that there is indeed power
to the connections that go to the light sockets.
  It is a step-by-step process, but the connections that need to be
checked are all accessible and the system is color coded, so it will
eventually be a satisfying exercise.
Bob

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:36:10 -0800 "John J. Peloquin"
<peloquin@mail.ucr.edu> writes:
> Dear netters,
>
> While we are discussing electrical problems, my brake lights don't
> work. This
> suggests the brake light switch in the pedal box cover- but what
> else would do
> this? What would you suggest as a trouble-shooting procedure?

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///