Re: Early MGB door mirror

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Early MGB door mirror
From: dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:48:20 -0800
Good question Max.  I'm in the process of stripping and doing the bodywork to
get
it ready to paint.  My car had multiple holes for mirrors and the mirrors on it
where something off an american car.  I'm not sure what I want to put back on
it.  I was considering the bullet mirrors.  I'd like to see one and have someone
hold it on different places to see if I can find a location where I can see it.
Are you getting yours painted?  I'll be looking for a shop to shoot the paint
once the body is finished.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB

Max Heim wrote:

> Hey, I have a question for 62-67 MGB roadster owners:
>
> What do you have for a driver's side mirror?
>
> If you look in the Moss catalog MGB-13 on page 73, you can see there are a
> lot of different types available. Apparently, an exterior rear view mirror
> was an option at that time, and a pretty rare one, judging from my photo
> resources. For instance, in Original MG, none of the Mark I cars are
> sporting one. Same with MG Photo Archive 1965-1980.
>
> My car came with one of the chrome bullet mirrors (obviously non-original,
> see Moss #42), mounted on the wing forward of the windshield, in a position
> where it is 90% blocked by the windshield post from my driving position.
> Based on this, I am thinking a door-mounted mirror would be more useful. I
> am just trying to figure out which one. The one listed as "factory option"
> (#26) looks like it needs an awfully big hole (which, needless to say, is
> not extant). #35, 37, and 40 all seem like possibilities, too.
>
> So, I am taking a poll to see if anyone has an original mirror, and what it
> looks like, or any other recommendations or suggestions. Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB GHN3L76149
> If you're near Mountain View, CA,
> it's the primer red one with chrome wires
> (if you're trying to pass I probably can't see you)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///