Re: Compressor Advice

To: Tom Bott <tbott1@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Compressor Advice
From: bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 17:32:04 -0600
Tom:

<<<snip>>>
I am looking at a Porter Cable Model CPL6025 (belt
driven and not oil free) 6HP, 25 gallon, 135 PSI, 6.8scfm
@90psi.  Will this
be sufficient for operating above tools?
<<<snip>>>
Only if you want to use just the paint gun, zip gun
(intermitant), and a SMALL die grinder.  It will not be big
enought for the DA sander, grinder, or the cut off tool.  It also
isn't big enough for a bead blaster, jitterbug grinder, and air
nibler. The horsepower, and tank size are not the numbers you
want to look at.  You need to look at the delivery rate.  BTDTDW.

Blake

With an almost too small 240 V, 60 gal, 10.6 SCFM@90 or
12.7SCFM@40 5 hp compressor after trying to get by for years with
a 120V/240V 15 gallon 6.4SCFM@40 and 5.4SCFM@90 unit.  Even with
the big unit, I can easily run out of air for the cut off tool,
and the bead blaster.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///