MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?
From: Peter Guagenti <peter@guagenti.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 14:56:44 -0800
I'm trying to decide what to do about the original bumpers on my '62 DeLuxe.
the rear bumper is badly pitted, although it is not dented.  The front is
lightly pitted, but the inside is showing a great deal of rust. At the same
time, I considering this issue with the knock-offs on the car.  They are
also pitted and need to be restored.

Which is better, to have the parts restored or to simply replace them?  This
car is intended to be a regular driver, not a show car, so originality is
not key to me.  Also, I'm trying to keep my total investment down.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards.

-peterg
 '62 MGA MkII DeLuxe