Restoring Original Wheels

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Restoring Original Wheels
From: Peter Guagenti <peter@guagenti.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:03:57 -0800
I am planning to start restoring the factory wheels on my DeLuxe.  They are
quite rusted, and the paint has chipped off in a number of places.

Has anyone done this before?  I'm assuming the process would be to have them
bead-blasted, and then repaint.  Do I need to disassemble them first? Has
anyone used the spray paint kits sold by companies like Eastwood?

The other alternative is to have them professionally restored.  Is this
worth it?  Does anyone know of a reputable restorer and have an idea of
cost?

Any help you can provide would be great.  Thanks.

Regards,

-peterg

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list