Clutch Problems

To: <wryan@giplastek.com>
Subject: Clutch Problems
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 16:39:23 -0800
Ryan said"
Somehow I think all of you will know the answer to this but before I Dive
into this problem I thought I would check with you all. After months of
getting the engine torn apart I have finally got it back in the car and the
clutch pedal has no resistance when pushing on it. I have checked the
connection to the cylinder and it is moving. I have not bleed the system so
that could be the problem. Just wanted to know some of your thoughts on the
situation. Does this sound like a classic bleed situation or is it more.
"

Same thing happened to me because I let the tranny weight kink the slave
cylinder hose. Which evidently allowed some fluid to leak and air to get in.
After a couple of trips around town just pumping the clutch before use and
the clutch now disengages normally. But I do have a new hose that needs to
be put back on soon, and the accompanying bleeding.

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
1969 MGB/GT

///