distributor shutter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: distributor shutter
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:31:22 -0800
Hey all,
After 2 1/2 months off the road, I'm going tomorrow to pick up our 79B that
has been having the starting problem. The mechanic has narrowed it down to
the newly installed distributor shutter on the Crane X-700 electronic
ignition kit. The shutter is moving on the distributor shaft and throwing
the timing way out after driving it a few miles.
Question: is there supposed to be some kind of retainer to hold the shutter
down onto the distributor shaft? I didn't see one in the parts list. Has
anyone ever had this problem and how can it be remedied? Can you glue the
shutter onto the shaft? The mechanic suggested a real tight fitting O ring.
I have to drive it about 60 miles to get it home and I'm taking all
suggestions as to how to keep the shutter in place for the drive.
Monte

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///