Wrong oil in gear box

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wrong oil in gear box
From: Charlie & Jennifer Schellinck <jschelli1@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 23:25:31 -0800
Hey got the front end figured out thaks guys it was the wheel bearing the
previos owner had failed to place the cotter pin in the nut, while I was under
the car I took the opertunity to check all the fluids and came across an
interesting discovery, I removed the dipstick for the gear box and looked at
the fluid. It was a clear straw color and smelled funny, I beleve it is
automatic transmisson fluid, any thoughs? and would this hurt the transmisson?
I am going to drain it and replace the fluid in the morning before work, but is
there anything else I should do?? BTW this one has o/d if that is of any
concern.

Adam Schellinck
1970 MGB Roadster

///