Re: Virus question?

To: Mark and kathy LaPierre <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Virus question?
From: "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:03:02 -0600
On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:37:20PM -0600, Mark and kathy LaPierre wrote:
> I Have had Norton for two years now and have never had any indication of a
> virus on my computer.  I check the quarantine area now and then and there
> has always been  "0".
>
> Now that we have experienced this new virus with the attachments I still
> have a  "0" and no indication of a virus problem, however I have received
> some of these attachments but deleted  them permanently before opening them
> up.
>
> Does the system not go into operation until an attachment is open?
>
> I am just very curious if my system is actually working or not, I'm
> certainly not complaining at this point.  I do update at least once a month.
>
> Any comments?       Thanks,   Mark

My Norton (System Works 2001, I think) is catching it. I have it setup so it's
scanning pop as it comes in. That came in in AntiVirus 2000. If you don't have
that, it's worth it.

This new virus, BadTrans, doesn't need you to open the attachment. Seems,
Outlook
has something that automatically runs certain attachments.

Microsoft, without a doubt, makes the best, bar none, Virus Delivery Units.

For those interested, Norton's description of the virus can be found at:
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.b@mm.html

--
Rain is saved up in cloud banks.

///