Re: Cars For Sale On List????

To: "Richard Feibusch" <rfeibusch@loop.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cars For Sale On List????
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 08:29:49 -0600
    Rick, this question comes up on the Ferrari List from time
to time.  We, on both lists, are dealing in a limited stock
commodity and I feel that the enthusiasts need to communicate
about availability and condition of the cars/parts/etc..  The
question is, "How do you do that while minimizing the
commercial or Spam content?"
   To keep traffic to a minimum, here is what we have done
over on the other list:  A person who has access to cars or
much information about these cars puts that info on a web
site and simply posts a note to the List from time to time
indicating that there has been an update to the site.  That site
doesn't have to be glitzy because it is not intendeds to be
a marketing piece.  I do the same for restoration projects
so as to share pictures.  Here is an example from my stinky
little site: http://www.aubard.com/  Try out a link or two.
They are just directories with pictures in.
   All of us like to cruise sites and look at cars and this plan
affords that opportunity.  Those who don't want to be bothered
can simply ignore or delete the announcement.
   This is just an idea that works elsewhere to address what
some might consider a problem.

Best,

rick lindsay

> My question is: how do the rest of us feel about the passing on of
> cars/parts-for-sale information to the group?  Is this a proper use of
> bandwidth? Is it spam? Is it a nobel service??
>
> Just wondering

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///