RE: Abingdon

To: "'David Councill'" <dcouncil@imt.net>, "'MG List'"
Subject: RE: Abingdon
From: Dan Hackney <dhh2c@virginia.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:46:33 -0500
> from a gentleman in Abingdon (England, not Illinois)   <snip>

There's also one in south western Virginia, BTW.

> >I'm jealous, I live in the home town of the MG works and haven't seen
> >single one, since driving past the old works back in 1986.  They used
> >stretch for miles at the side of the A34.

I went to Abingdon UK this summer, and didn't see a single MG.  They do
have a neat elevated museum in the center of town with some MG pictures
and memorabilia.

Actually, I only saw 2 MG's (a RB tourer, a beat up CB BGT) in a week
and a half of driving around central England.  However, this is a more
frequent occurrence of MG sightings than I see here in Virginia and
North Carolina.

FWIW...

-Dan H.
'72 MGB