Re: Rallyes

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rallyes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:10:36 -0800
Hmmm, it occurs to me that one of the big differences between car meets and
cycle meets is parking requirements. Car meets have to be held at venues
large enough to park all the cars -- that's one reason that the really large
ones are usually held in or near large cities. Your typical state park
usually only has parking for 100-200 cars. In contrast, I suppose that might
accommodate 1000 or more motorcycles. You can roll your bike right into your
campsite, even. This isn't an option with LBCs (usually).

Plus, driving the Blue Ridge Parkway might not be so attractive it it were
bumper-to-bumper with 1200 MGs. Think about it. My point is that there is an
inherent difference of scale between car meets and bike meets. If it's to be
a driving event, held in a remote, scenic locale, don't expect 1000 cars. If
it has 1000s of cars, odds are it's in a large city, and is static-show
oriented (which is not to say it doesn't include rallies, auto-X, funkhanas,
etc).

on 11/30/01 12:09 PM, James H. Nazarian, Ph.D. at microdoc@zoominternet.net

--

Max Heim