Re: MkI, MkII...

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MkI, MkII...
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:10:21 -0800
Word on the street is that Joe said:
> Hi,
> Please excuse my ignorance But I am new in this.
> Can anyone explain the difference between the MG MkI and MkII Years of
> production Are they MGA types or MGB types.

http://www.mgbexperience.com/reference/evolution.html

Bascially, the Mk I MGB was 63-67 chrome bumper with metal dash,
started with 3-main then 5-main engine, no synchro on first, positive
ground.  Mk II 68-69 had negative earth, all synchro, negative ground
with alternator, and in the USA the "pillow" dash.

The "Mk" system is kinda useless in describing MGB's because they
don't line up very well with the major changes to the car.

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///