Re: Rubber tube out of radiator cap?

To: Dart Budz <budz@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Rubber tube out of radiator cap?
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:58:22 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Dart Budz wrote:

> it connected to the top of the radiator, just below the radiator cap.  I
> have a 72 mgb.  My first reaction was that this might be an overflow, but
> then i remember the car was designed by the british who never put anything
> extra on.  I have looked in a few manuals and cannot find if or where this

Indeed.  That tube is the overflow, where excess coolant can flow out
of the radiator onto the ground.  Would have been nice for it to go
into an expansion tank, but it wasn't fitted until 77(?).  It doesn't
'go' anywhere, so it sounds like it is set up correctly.

--
My opinions are mine, and do not reflect the view of the university.
    http://www.wsu.edu/~aaronpw/

///