RE: MG Icons

To: MGS List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG Icons
From: "O'CONNORS, CHARLIE" <coconnor@ersnet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:40:10 -0500
I really didn't know that this was such a sensitive area.  My response was
part in jest because as someone who dabbles a bit in web site development, I
can assure you that thousands of images are grabbed off of web sites
everyday and used elsewhere on the internet.  It's happened to me quite
often.  There is some good information at
http://scilib.ucsd.edu/howto/guides/CopyrightTips.html#explanation regarding
copyright laws as they pertain to web graphics.

If there is something I don't want people to copy I will add javascript to
the page that will block the right click button (like locking your door or
fencing your yard to keep intruders out).  I will also place a copyright
notice on the bottom of the page stating that the contents of the page are
copyrighted.  (i.e., This site is Copyright ) 2001, xxx Background Copyright
) 2001 xxx Not for Distribution).  But that's not guaranteed to keep people
from "stealing" your icon if they really want it.