Re: Temps

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Temps
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 19:52:45 +1030
michelle pountney wrote:

> G'Day All...

G'day Michelle.

> I was out motoring around last night and was wondering with summer coming on
> here (eventually!) in Australia

We have been following Perth and finally managed a few 30C temperatures
at last.  Let's hope it is a nice hot Xmas this year.

> what a "normal" temp should be for my MGB.
> Currently it runs at a bit above 120 F but since I've only just bought the
> beast I'm not sure what readings I should be getting, or indeed how accurate
> the sender unit is.

Hmm, you got one of them fancy cars, eh?  Or should I say, one of them
cars with a fancy temperature guage!

I have removed the engine driven fan from my car and only run an
electric fan in front of the radiator. In my '68B my temperature guage
sits a little below the 'N' when she is warmed up in Winter and a little
above the 'N' when cruising on a hot Summer's day.  Stuck in traffic, it
will climb (with the electric fan running) to halfway between the 'N'
and the 'white line' - but drop rapidly down again once you are in motion.

There ya go... is that technical enough for you?  Maybe someone can
translate 'N' and degrees - I wouldn't be able to read those little
marks at speed anyway so the 'N' does me fine :-)

> fan next week so hopefully that will keep the summer blues at bay.
> Also are there any Melbourne, Australia owners currently on the list????

There were, but ain't heard from them for a while. I will name them if
they don't come out of their own free will!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

///