Re: loose bonnet

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: loose bonnet
From: "michelle pountney" <mpountney@primus.com.au>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:56:34 +1100
Hi guys...
A minor problem has developed with  my now much loved MGB Mk 1. I took it
for a drive down the coast the other evening, sometimes hitting the blinding
speed of 70 MPH!!!!!. However after hitting the odd bump on the road ( not
an uncommon thing here in Australia) the bonnet opened, thankfuly catching
on the safety catch. The question is why????The catch spring seems quite
tight as does the one on the bonnet itself. When its closed there is no play
between the bonnet and the frame. Its an interesting one I'm hoping you
gurus can answer..
I hope you all have  happy festive season and that santa brings you that
tool/part/car you always wanted!!!!!
Regards
Smithy( michelle is actually my girlfriend) From Oz.....
1968 MGB Mk1.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///