Re: loose bonnet

To: michelle pountney <mpountney@primus.com.au>,
Subject: Re: loose bonnet
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:41:47 -0800
Smithy/ Michelle,
Whatever your name is (-:  I agree with Eric on the solution, however there may
be another problem that I had.  Check the release knob under your right knee(if
RHD) or left knee (if LHD) and make sure it is pushed forward after you close
the
bonnet.  I figured this out after it popped on me doing 120 MPH (speedo is off
calibration because I have 185/60 R 14 Goodyear's on it HeHe)  Good luck!!
Jim
78B for sale   )-:
70B
in quest of a C

michelle pountney wrote:

> Hi guys...
> A minor problem has developed with  my now much loved MGB Mk 1. I took it
> for a drive down the coast the other evening, sometimes hitting the blinding
> speed of 70 MPH!!!!!. However after hitting the odd bump on the road ( not
> an uncommon thing here in Australia) the bonnet opened, thankfuly catching
> on the safety catch. The question is why????The catch spring seems quite
> tight as does the one on the bonnet itself. When its closed there is no play
> between the bonnet and the frame. Its an interesting one I'm hoping you
> gurus can answer..
> I hope you all have  happy festive season and that santa brings you that
> tool/part/car you always wanted!!!!!
> Regards
> Smithy( michelle is actually my girlfriend) From Oz.....
> 1968 MGB Mk1.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///