MGBGT Tinted Glass

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGBGT Tinted Glass
From: Philip E Bacon <pboldtrix@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 18:35:39 -0500
Listers:    Have gotten ahold of a complete set (door windows, wing
vents, rear quarter vent windows and rear hatch) of tinted glass from a
junkyard BGT, in really good shape.   I plan to replace the clear glass
windows in my '67 BGT (soon to AC'd) with tinted ones.  I had originally
planned to just swap the glass, in order to keep the chrome frames.
However, after inspecting the rear vent windows, I'm beginning to think
that I should swap the whole SS frame and glass, instead of re-installing
the glass with new gasket. Reason?...the rear vent looks like a real
bitch to press in a new gasket & glass in the frame -- like it was
probably done on a machine in the factory -- the acute curve at the rear
looks almost impossible to get right.  (I've already done the front wing
vent windows, which are small but still difficult.
        Before I disassemble (the windows), any advice?  Anyone BTDT?

        Phil Bacon, south Florida