Re: Starting the 67 B

To: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Starting the 67 B
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:00:54 -0600
Bud,

I am thinking that I need to rebuild as well.  I rebuilt the ones for my
old Sprite in high school (over 15 years ago), I shouldn't have any
trouble.  I still have both of my SU manuals, SU toolkit, and UNI-Sync.   I
notices corrosion on one of the needles, so I will order a set of those at
the same time.

I haven't checked to see what kind of fuel pump I have yet, it pumps loudly
till the bowls are full, the continues to pump slower.  Barney  mentioned
that some aftermarket pumps behave this way, so I will have to see.

Thanks
Patton

At 06:06 PM 1/1/2002, Bud Krueger wrote:
>Patton,
>
>     I realize that you're anxious to fire up the engine, but your last
>description of carburetor ills sounds as if you shouldn't rush it.  I'd
>suggest
>that you get a couple of rebuilding kits for the carburetors and get 'em
>squared
>away before you go any farther. There's a great video available from MOSS
>(starring our own Lawrie Alexander) that can step-by-step directions for
>redoing
>the carburetors.  If your fuel pump is an SU, it should stop pumping when the
>float bowls fill up.
>
>The starter fluid is basically ether, a highly flammable liquid/gas.  It
>doesn't
>need carburetion.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Bud Krueger

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///