Re: Uh-oh! Compression Check

To: Gonaj@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Uh-oh! Compression Check
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:09:31 -0600
I put a little mystery oil in there.  When I get it running I will start to
chase the problem down.

As for the fuel pump, I need to get under the car and see what type it is,
Barney said that some aftermarket pumps behave that way, so I'll have to
look.  I couldn't find any leaks, but when I check the pump, I'll be sure
to run some air thought the lines to clear them out.

Patton

At 04:34 PM 1/1/2002, Gonaj@aol.com wrote:
>Those compression numbers are good enough to get it running.  Depends what
>the cause but #4 might improve once run.  Try putting some Marvel Mystery oil
>in it.
>Fule pump should shut off with pressure.  I don't know where the sensor is or
>at what pressure it should stop.  Could be a leak, a weak pump or bad
>pressure sensor system.
>  I would check for leaks, then assure that there is spark and continue to
> try
>to start it.

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///