Forwarded: Premium for Foreign Car Parts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Premium for Foreign Car Parts
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:06:52 -0700 (MST)
For some reason, this was sent to me rather than mgs@autox.team.net.

Actually, I'm working on writing up some of the reasons this happens.
Check out the work in progress, http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
     Subject: Premium for Foreign Car Parts
     Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 05:35:53 -0600

This still works today. When I first got my MG I went to the local locksmith
to get some duplicates made. The FS configuration is very common, and used
in many locks, not just our MGs.

The locksmith asked what it was for, and I replied honestly. He added $3.00
to the cost of a US key because it was a forign car key!

Never went back for any other keys. Other smiths just looked for the pattern
and made the key without comment. That is why one key is labled "Mazda", and
another "club".

Bob Shaw, I too write things off as a learning experience, but I go under
that old maxim "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"!

Keep those cars rolling.

Jack

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list