RE: Front engine plate leak

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Front engine plate leak
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 19:37:15 -0500
Enrique:

Yea. Blake is right. The helicoil really is the "right" way to do it. I
meant to say something about it being an option before and just forgot to. I
just personally don't have the patience for it in such a non-critical area.
A lot of work to me just for this, and it can sometimes be a difficult job
to get it right. If you Do decide to do a helicoil, be careful! I've screwed
up a few of them myself - and then you're left with an even bigger mess to
deal with. Helicoils are obviously not one of my favorite things. :<(

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net
website- http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield