Front engine plate leak

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Front engine plate leak
From: "E.Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 15:06:16 -0400
Hi list, I finished putting in my new cam today all went nice n easy. Since
the front end is apart I am about to fix an old problem I had. The bottom
left bolt that holds the timing cover no longer fastens. It seems the
thread is stripped. Can I re thread this with a standard die?  Right below
that bolt there is a leak on the front engine plate. Careful inspection
reveals a warp on the front plate. 1. Can I remove the plate and have it
flattened with a press or should I get a new plate instead?  It seems I can
remove the front plate with the engine in.  Thanks for the advise, Enrique

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///