Lucus altenator

To: MG car club <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lucus altenator
From: Phil Cleobury <mgsoftt@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:50:51 -0800 (PST)
Thanks for all you help with the "hole in the engine
question", can't for the life of me understand how the
core plug got out. The engine has been parked in the
corner of the garage since I took it out last year, do
remember sweeping up a core plug either?

Next question......Another quicky ...
I have three alternators...lucky me!

One, 5 terminal dont know number!
Two, part number LRA 23802 28 81B
Three, part number LRA101 37 85 LEB

I know alternators have different otput AMPs and was
wondering which one would be the best to refurbish and
fit i.e. if it had a higher output AMPS.

Without being able to decifer the part numbers... I
cant do this!

If one is higher output, what makes this (rectifier,
winding etc etc and can I use the others to rebuild
one more powerful with my best parts.

Anyone know what the Lucus translation is or if the
translation is on the web somewhere?

Im off to get them tested tomorrow, probably all duff.

Phil electrifying!
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

///