Re: Need Seat Belts for 68 B - Wife refuses to ride without!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Seat Belts for 68 B - Wife refuses to ride without!!!
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:03:07 EST
In a message dated 1/15/02 5:47:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com writes:

> The Clausager book tells every MGB was equipped with seat belt mounting
> holes.
> VB, Moss etc. should have the right materials - Kelvin?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hans

The Kangol type that attach to the rear deck are not readily available.  I
was able to track down a set for my 69 B on e-Bay at a reasonable cost.  All
Moss and VB have are the inertia reel type, which would not be "correct" to
the car, if that is a consideration. It's possible some overseas suppliers
may still carry them, but I have never noticed it in any of the overseas MG
magazines.

If originality isn't a consideration, then any belt system should do.

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///