Re: Koni tube shocks - MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Koni tube shocks - MGB
From: Robert Marcho <marcho@bible.acu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:24:12 -0600
At 10:03 AM 1/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Is this a cheapo way to add some negative camber perhaps?
>Probably not.
>
>Skye

Interestingly, that is precisely how we adjusted camber on my old H
production Bug Eye Sprite when I raced it from 1967 - 1972. We had plates
of varying thickness we installed under the front shocks which changed
camber for low and high speed tracks. Of course, we made 'em out of
aluminum which was a weight savings of about 1.2 oz a pair. Which was
apparently a significant enough weight savings that when my first national
win was posted (at the old St Louis area Mid-America Raceway) the protest
of the plates by a competitor was upheld by tech and I lost the win.

Please forgive the nostalgia-attack, I repent and drag myself kicking and
screaming back to 2002. Ahhhh, the good old days...

Bob Marcho

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///