Steering Lock

To: "mg digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Lock
From: "alan costich" <alcostich@mgcarclub.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 10:52:45 -0500
Bob,

>71 MGB, no key for the ignition  - I've got the cover off the steering
>column, I can see the ignition and lock, but I don't see any bolts or nuts
>to loosen the lock and free the steering. Do I just need a bigger hammer
>and chisel?

In a manner of speaking, yes. Hammer and chisel required. On the top of the
column there should be two screw-heads. You need to make a mark deep enough to
take a flat-blade screwdriver. Undo the two screws and the lock will fall
away. You might also try to cut a groove with a dremel tool. I have had
success with both methods.

Alan

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list