Need chrome bumpers for a B w/GOOD quality plating on them

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need chrome bumpers for a B w/GOOD quality plating on them
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:59:00 -0500
I'm ready for another set of chrome bumpers for my 73 B. The chrome plating
seemed to start washing off a couple of years or so after I purchased the
first set (15 years ago). I don't remember who manufactured those bumpers
but I know that I want better quality plating this time.

My bumpers are still in good shape other than for the plating but the
plating people I spoke with here want $150 to $210 to re-plate them. That's
a lot more money than what I've seen new bumpers advertised for in the
various catalogs (around $100-$110 each). Seems like I remember seeing a
thread on this sometime back.

Who sells/makes good ones? Does anybody on the list have any quality info
about this? I'm open for suggestions, could use some help and would like to
hear all the info and opinions I can get. Don't want to make the same
mistake again! In case it makes a difference, I'm in the Atlanta area.

THANKS!!

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net