leaf springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: leaf springs
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:15:30 -0700
My 72B, still just a body shell in the garage, progresses towards the day
it may once again be on the road - hopefully this summer. I'm working on
the rear right now - just finished the boot lid, including a new rubber
seal, putting on the emblems and the luggage rack.

I noticed that the top leaf spring on the passenger side is broken. So I'll
be ordering a pair shortly. Any advice on this job? My Haynes manual makes
references about coating with lacquer amongst other things. Is this
necessary? Or can I just bolt them on?

I did remove the rear axle from my wrecked 71BGT but could not get the leaf
springs off - I couldn't get the front bolt off or to even move (except to
turn). I got the nut off though, but even pounding on the bolt did not
work. Is this normal and something I will encounter on the 72B? I wasn't
too worried about the BGT as I didn't need the leaf springs and what is
left of the car will be headed to the junk yard.

David

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///