Re: damper

To: "Monte Morris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: damper
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:27:01 -0000
The damper in both Zenith and SU carbs acts as an enrichening device when
the throttle is opened, like an accelerator pump in fixed-jet carbs, and the
oil is the damping medium.  The damper piston remains stationary and the
main piston to which the jet needle is fixed rises around it as the throttle
is opened.  If you unscrew the damper piston and pull it up there will be no
resistance but when you push it down you should feel resistance.  Pushing
the damper down is the same as the main piston trying to rise.