Re: Garage Heaters - slightly off topic

To: "Phil" <jello@ida.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Heaters - slightly off topic
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:36:39 -0500
If you garage isn't insulated, I don't think you have to worry too much
about venting, and even with the radiant heat (we use it in the shop at
work), the 'stuff' isn't going to get very warm without insulation.
My garage is well insulated and fairly tight.  I run a propane heater for
about 30min to an hour to warm it up and have no problem with fumes.  If I
forget and run it longer, I just crack the garage door for a short time.
By next year, I will get one of those small propane salamander, or bullet
type propane heaters cuz they have a blower and will blow the heat across
the floor where I need it most.
Of course, YMMV.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB

> I live where it's cold.  I also do my own work on the cars.  Since my
> garage isn't well insulated, it gets cold.  I've heard that the radient
> quartz/electric heaters heat the stuff in the garage, not the air, and
> therefore keep it nice and warm.  Does anyone have background/experience
> with these??  My garage is pretty large, and quite full of stuff to heat
> up.  I don't want to use kerosene or propane, because then I'd have to
> vent it.
>
> Thanks!
> Phil Bates
> 58MGA