Re: MGB sitingsx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB sitingsx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:12:57 -0600
dave houser wrote:

> Well, are our B's getting air and print time or what?
> Looking at the latest commercial for the "Birthday Girl" movie with
> Nicole Kidman and thought I spied an MGB-GT in the trailer. This
> morning, Matt interviews the actor in the same picture and they show a
> trailer. Damn, if it wasn't an entire scene of him robbing a bank and
> escaping from the parking lot in his, get this, Blaze orange, I believe,
> 68 or later BGT. Spinning rubber, no less, with Kidman tied up in the
> back seat area. It was great to see them use our MG's in these new
> flics.
> Opened my local paper today, and lo and behold, the special wedding
> section shows a couple over the bonnet of a red roadster looking at
> roads maps as they describe great drives to romantic places.
> Great promotional fodder for our MG Council!

I've noticed that Dick Van Dyke's character in "Diagnosis Murder"
drives a white MGB. I don't watch TV, but my mother does, so I see
it out of the corner of my eye occasionally. A week or two ago,
somebody sabotaged the B by jamming the throttle cable full open.
Instead of hitting the binders or switching the ignition off, the
good Doctor drove down the sidewalk, across some lawns and then
t-boned a police car with two cops in it.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm