Re: Brake line info.

To: mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net
Subject: Re: Brake line info.
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:00:55 -0600
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 09:36:50 -0600 "Mark and kathy LaPierre"
<mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net> writes:
>     Like to get some feed back on the brake lines that Moss has on
> sale in
> their latest flyer.  These are Cupro/Nickel.  Is this original
> equipment,

No, originals were steel.

> long lasting

Yes.  Much more resistant to rust than the originals.

>easy to work with

Yes.  Quite easy to bend, especially when compared to the original steel
and probably ss.

>     Pros and cons as compared to Stainless Steel would be
> appreciated.

Pros:
Easier to work with.  You'd probably have to have the SS ones prebent.  I
don't know if they are available or if they would need to be custom made.
Possibly less expensive than stainless steel.
Probably less brittle than ss.

Cons:
Probably more crushable than ss.

I use them on my vintage racecar, as do several people I know.  None of
us have experienced any problems with them.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'74 MG Midget vintage racer