Re: MGs could've been taken over by Aston-Martin

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@attbi.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGs could've been taken over by Aston-Martin
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 23:33:57 -0500
> Hmmm... doesn't look like you'd get much cooling through that 1"
> high grill opening... and it's still sitting way too high off the ground.
> wouldn't think AM would have stood for that look for long ---
> decidedly inelegant.

It probably has comparable cooling to any late rubber bumper MGB, you've got
to remember that they have two electric cooling fans in the engine bay also.
So I doubt cooling was much of an issue.

I can't emphasis enough, the Aston MGB was a MAJOR rush job!  I think it was
completed in a period of a few days... like I noted originally, the final
product (in 1980) didn't even have a functional fuel cap.  It only gained a
usable filler access panel and cap on the left rear fender when Aston sold
it to a private member, and by law a car obviously required this feature!

Another lister noted the windscreen height, and they felt the original
roadster's windscreen was not a bad height.  Well I disagree, being 6'2" the
top horizontal of the windscreen blocked my vision entirely when attempting
to look at traffic lights (while stopped).  Either slouching or straining
was required to view the stop lights.  I would have loved a taller
windscreen.

And to clear up another matter, the webpage I posted was an archived copy of
the original webpage and that is why the images do not load.  I deleted the
original website with images over half a year ago.  However, I have reposted
one of the images at:

http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg/mg/amartin.jpg

Kai

///