Dealer is definitely trustworthy,OR NOT

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dealer is definitely trustworthy,OR NOT
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:35:28 -0600
    Thats all fine and good. But there is a flip side to most storys.
This guy advertises in just about every trade mag. you can imagine.  He can
afford to sell fairly resonalbly because he buys so low.
     He contacted me pertaining to a very doable MGA plus parts project that
I advertised in one of the clubs mags several years ago and his offer was
way out of line. I was going through a low time in my life and had to
liquidate some assets but I wasn't that desperate. I was being taken
advantage of and I didn't appreciate it.  It floors me everytime I read a
Brokers ad in one of our club mags.  We make it too easy for them to make a
living off us. And now they're showing up on our web lists.
     So when you feel that you got a great deal on one of these cars from a
"Broker" somebodyelse probably took a big hit when they sold it.
     Personally I stand back from "Brokers". Their in it entirely for the
money and not for the love of the marque and the sport of reviving a
classic.   I suppose if one doesn't have the time to go out and do the foot
work then this is their option but I enjoy "The Hunt".

    That was my first and last experience with a "Broker".

     Foot Note:    I still own that MGA project and it will some day rise
again and I will be the one with the smile behind the wheel.

    I just wanted to add my experience and hope this thread doesn't carry on
too long because once again, thats just giving more exposure to the
"Brokers"

Mark