RE: Safety Fast - Cops are not all that bad.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Jack Feldman"
Subject: RE: Safety Fast - Cops are not all that bad.
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 21:54:54 -0500
I kinda helped start this thread so let me clarify my position:

Cops ARE good guys generally (There are exceptions to every rule though). I
have a very high level of respect for them, the risks that they take to try
to protect us and I don't know what we'd do without them. There are a LOT of
crazies out there that don't have the driving (or other) skills and good
sense that most MGer's and other auto hobbyist and enthusiast's like us do.
Somebody's got to keep an eye on those people - and I wouldn't do it for the
low pay that most of them get for the risk that they take in this crazy
world that we live in.

Its just that I personally have the very WORST LUCK in the world! If I make
a mistake or if I get carried away with my MG's exhaust note sound, the wind
in my hair and I creep it up just a little too much, it's BOOM, GOTCHA!!!! I
know people (who claim) that they NEVER get stopped. I'm just the opposite.
I can't seem to get away with nuthin! I guess some people are just that way.

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net
website- http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield