Re: Cooling Hoses, Passenger Door and other bits and pieces

To: "David Hayes" <David.Hayes@gmx.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Hoses, Passenger Door and other bits and pieces
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:01:37 -0000
> 1. Replace all the cooling hoses (I noticed they were a bit tired last
> weekend), some look quite hard to get at?

The only time I went in for mass replacement was after the third failure in
the first few months of ownership of a Scimitar GTE - 13 hoses!  On the B I
have changed two - between the heater and the metal pipe over the rocker
cover because it was leaking, and the top hose 'cos it was showing surface
cracking.  The new one started showing the same cracking after a few months
so I wouldn't bother again.  After 11 years and 25k the other heater hose
and bottom hose are what came with the car, and unless they start showing
signs of extreme distress, or they actually fail, there they will stay.  I
carry a full set in both the roadster and the V8.  Would have said the
4-cylinder hoses are pretty easy to get at in comparison to the factory V8.

> 6. Check the areial connections (how do I get to it?)

If it's in the front wing then probably by removing the splash panel that is
in each front wheel arch behind the wheel.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///