Fuel pump?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel pump?
From: Brian Warmuth <warmuthb@wlsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:45:47 -0800
Smitty:

Once had a similar problem. Before you go replacing the pump, make sure
all of your chassis grounds are tight and clean. BTDT!  I used to drive
down the road and the car would suddenly quit...dead. Then after sitting
for awhile would miraculously start....or not.  Finally found out I had
an intermittent ground connection from the engine to the chassis--the
ground strap was loose and very oily. Cleaned and tightened it and
problem gone!  Took a long time to find that one and now it's one of the
first things I check.

Brian W.
59 MGA 1500 Roadster
58 MG ZB Magnette
60 MG Farina Magnette
52 MG TD
63 Hillman Super Minx  Conv.(Well, it's a British Mopar. Rootes Group!!)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///