Re: new rear harness and lighting trouble

To: "William Killeffer" <wtkilleffer@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new rear harness and lighting trouble
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:54:46 +0100
Hi William,

Trace the specific wires back to the bullet group connector where all left
and right wires come together. There should be a fault. It will be either
the bullet connector itself carrying a loose solder joint or the black
receptacle is bad. It's always best to check for the proper electrical
wiring diagram of the right year.

The fainty glowing of brake lights / tail lghts etc. come from poor
gounding. Make sure the ground connection of every lamp is made loose,
scraped or sanded clean, covered with petrol jelly (vasaline) and refit
again. Also check if the conectors at the ground point are in good
electrical shape themselves. Last but not least have the car body where the
ground point is for these failing lamps scraped bear and covered with petrol
jelly for a long lasting optimal electrical contact.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans