Re: The most bang for the buck.

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <AGreenberg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: The most bang for the buck.
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:24:34 -0500
Alex,
I feel that the change to SU's is well worth it if for no other reason to
get rid of the combo intake/exhaust manifold and the ZS carb. The engine
will breathe much easier. In my case the power gain was noticeable.
As for lowering the RB B, yup, been there, done that too. A lowering kit is
available from Brit-Tek ( www.brittek.com ) for about $150. New front
springs and lowering blocks for the rear. Works fine.
Other ways to lower include changing the front crossmember to an early one
or using dropped spindles on the front along with pre '74 1/2 rear leaf
springs.

Mike
'79B