MG Moving and Shaking

To: MGaholics <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Moving and Shaking
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 21:59:11 -0500
Hello All,

Been a while since I posted, just been real tied up with NAMGBR stuff and work.
Just wanted to touch base with you all since I've suddenly had a burst of MG
activity.

I got a call from a friend who restores MGs, here on Long Island, who was
looking for an early B (metal dash) and/or an MGC. I did a little looking
around and found a 67 B in Pottstown, PA and an MGC in Mechanisville, NY. Both
were in the classified ad section of Phildelphia MG Car Club's Newsletter. I
provided the numbers to my friend and he bought both, site unseen over the
phone and then asked me if I'd be interesting in checking them out and picking
them up for him if they were what they were supposed to be. In the mean time I
was contacted by Kim Tonry and asked to check out and pick up a Midget hardtop
in Hyde Park, NY for him.

Sunday I went to Hyde Park and found that the hardtop was not in real good
shape. The email pictures were very deceiving. What appeared to be surface
scratches were very deep and would require lots of work. I called Kim and he
passed on the top. Yesterday (Monday) I went to  Pottstown and picked up the 67
B and today I picked up the MGC in Mechanicsville, NY.

I hope to be seeing many of you out and about in the 2002 season. I've got a
really full schedule planned starting with Norristown, PA swap meet this coming
Sunday, 3/10. I'll be at "The Gathering" show in Winston-Salem, NC, the end of
April, Carlisle Import in May, CT MG Club's "British Cars by the Sea" and MG
Car Club-Long Island Centre's "The British are Coming!!" in June and MG 2002,
North American MGB Register's Annual Convention, hosted by Texas MG Register in
Grapevine, TX in July.

Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy MG motoring season.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch
Chairman of North American MGB Register

///