Re: back on and fuel smell

To: erich@mail.NGBM.COM, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: back on and fuel smell
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:30:35 +0000
I had this happening to me a couple of months ago.  It was a combination of
a rusty gas tank (now replaced) and that rust in the float bowls clogging
the float cutoff valves.  The gas was dripping out of the overflow.
Sometimes it would leak other times it would not.  I guess the rust would
work out and in at different points in time.  Take a look inside the float
bowls and see if there is any residue.  Mine had a nice gum ball size paste
in it after I ran it dry.  Cleaned out the bowls and no more gas smell.