Re: banshees under the hood

To: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>,
Subject: Re: banshees under the hood
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:40:43 -0800 (PST)
> Some symptoms are:
> At night headlights dim
> Loss of power when the noise is audible & an
> increase when noise
> disappears.
> I have checked manuals, spoken with experts & have
> had numerous
> suggestions thrown at me, none of which work.
> Any ideas listers.
> Thanks in a advance
> Aubrey in Vancouver

Hi,
     I agree with Chris and Joe..the belt is not
transmitting the load through the alternator..A way to
test this theory..a "hands on" aproach, is to let the
engine make its' noise for a minute at
idle..Then,..and this is the delicate part of the
test..touch the alternator pulley with the engine
OFF..It will be HOT! if the belt is slipping over the
pulley...I have experienced the WAIL of a slipping
belt before..and a HOT! pulley is always the result.
Howard
http://sports.yahoo.com/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list