Re: banshees under the hood

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: banshees under the hood
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:58:47 -0700
If you are losing power the belt theory doesn't seem to add up, but another
test for the belt is that if you sprinkle baby powder on the belt as it is
squealing it should quiet it almost immediately.  This is a temporary fix
but it might help narrow down the possible causes.  IMO it is most probable
that the alt, or some other driven accessory is trying to seize (air pumps
have a tendency to do this).  Short of that I would be afraid that it is a
bearing getting starved inside the engine.

james