RE: This has to be illegal (no LBC)

To: <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: RE: This has to be illegal (no LBC)
From: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:14:34 -0600
You have to buy an account in order to look things up. In order to get an
account you have to provide ID Driver's license number, Address, credit card
that cross-check with each other. Your driver's license number is your User
ID.

They keep track of everybody who submits queries.

Theoretically, this way if somebody plugs in the license plate number of
that pretty blonde in the Miata and she turns up missing, they know who was
inquring about her.

I don't have an account; I only know of the site because somebody I know in
Wisconsin was talking about it. Apparently you get pretty much anything
about a Wisconsonite off of there although there isn't much for most states.

Kind of frightening.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis