seat alternative for MGB GT's.

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat alternative for MGB GT's.
From: "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:12:33 -0500
Hi All,         (purists won't like this subject-I'm sorry).
I was wondering if anyone has any experience in installing
upgraded-modern high backed seats in their 65-69 MGB GT.

I look at the prices of quality manufactured seat kits, used
reconditioned seats and New seats.
To be honest I know it's "not the purist way to go" but I can't
afford to go that root but I would like to get new seats, but I want
them to look like they grew there.

I've taken the measurements for Saturn seats, they recline,
they have lumbar adjusters in them, they're very comfortable,
they're made of durable materials they have lateral supports built
into them etc, and their adjusters work easily. Saturn seats are 1" too
wide, I'm hoping someone else has looked into this and can
tell me what year and model vehicle seats will fit my car.
I was thinking I could get the charcoal gray/black color
that would pretty much match my black carpeting.

Dan
68 MGB GT
in Massachusetts

///