Re: Bad clacking in the B...help? + a few more ???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bad clacking in the B...help? + a few more ???
From: Greyson Crowe <nismoracerxe@icqmail.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2002 23:02:46 -0800
Well I have a Bentley that came with the car.  Unfortunateley it's at my
parents house now.  I'll be getting it back in a week, which is when I move
back to Lewiston and can start workin on the B.  Anyways...I have heard rod
knock before in a honda accord.  This sounds more like valve clatter.  But I'm
no expert.  I must thank everyone for the info on how to adjust my valves,
sounds easy.  I'll be doing the valves and timing first.  If that does nothing,
then I'll go from there.  I figure next on the list will be get the new exhaust
on, then get the carbs tuned properly.  That should take care of most problems
I hope.  What type of oil should I use?  My dad has been using a cheap 10W30
since he has been paying for the parts, but I have finally convinced him to use
the oem parts.  And now that it's my car, I will be paying for the parts.
Eventually I'll be needing to do new suspension, and wanting a cam/header setup
later on.  Any Suggestions on what to get in this department, & what exhaust
size and muffler setup?  I figured 2" pipe with a glasspack up front and a
Dynomax Turbo muffler in back.  Very similar to the setup I use on my
Rabbit...and it sounds quiet until u punch it.
Thanx again,
Greyson