Handbrake problems (solved!)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Handbrake problems (solved!)
From: Menno.Meijer@ict.nl
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:38:37 +0100
Dear List,

Many thanks for all the responses! The result is
that my '63 MGB has passed the M.O.T. yesterday!
Instead of 0.8 m/s2 my deceleration on the hand-
brake is now 1.8 m/s2. (requirement = 1.0 m/s2)

(Now waiting for good weather)

Does anybody know why the lower spring which is
attached between the brake shoes has such a
"strange" shape? (One end of the spring is a
bit longer and touches the handbrake lever) I've
placed it as stated in my books but I couldn't
explain the purpose of the shape.

Regards,

Menno Meijer

///