Re: having trouble

To: "Aubrey Schneider" <aschneider@shaw.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: having trouble
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:24:51 -0000
Have you replaced the harnesses?  Sounds like you have.  What colour wires
are you having problems with?  Be careful to distinguish between
'light-green' and 'green', and brown and red when used as tracers.  On wires
with two colours the thin colour is the tracer.  Make sure you state the
main colour before the tracer as in green/red, or state which is which.  The
new harnesses should really only go in one way, which drops off bundles of
wires by each switch, gauge etc on the dash, column etc.  As well as the
colour(s) of a wire tell us which switch or gauge etc it is by.
Alternatively you could trailer it round to my place where it can queue up
behind the V8 conversion I am currently rewiring for someone...